Youth Empowerment Services
What is YES
YES (Youth Empowerment Services) is Idaho’s children’s mental health system of care which helps families access services and supports for their children with serious emotional disturbance (SED). The YES system of care also creates meaningful partnerships between families, youth, providers, and public agencies to address the youth’s specific needs. YES aims to use a youth and family-centered, team-based, and strengths-focused approach for early identification, treatment planning, and implementation of mental health care in order to help them function better at home, in school, and in the community.
You can expect:
- Engagement — Youth and families are actively involved in the creation and implementation of their coordinated care plan.
- Assessment — Information about the youth and family is gathered to create a meaningful coordinated care plan.
- Care Planning & Implementation — The coordinated care plan identifies appropriate services and supports and how families and youth access them.
- Teaming — Youth and families are able to collaborate with providers and community partners to create their coordinated care plan.
- Monitoring & Adapting — The services and supports in the coordinated care plan are evaluated and updated as needed.
- Transition — Type of services, frequency of use, and levels of care change as the youth and family’s needs change